Tuesdays, 5:30-7:30 pm
September 6 – November 1, 2016
More and more, chronic illnesses and hard-to-heal conditions are challenging for conventional medicine to address. A body of scientific studies and anecdotal evidence now points to new ways we can help ourselves heal. This class explores a larger perspective on human health and healing and how we can draw on shamanic practices and ancient wisdom to help engage our body’s self-healing processes.
Some of the tools we will work with are:
- How you can help your body shift from protective mode to growth mode at the cellular level, allowing it to heal
- A new way you can understand and negotiate your illness
- Improving your physical health by healing relationships of all kinds, including with yourself
- The role of nature and our internal and external ecosystems in human health and how you can begin to use this awareness to your advantage
- How you can impact your physical well-being by honoring your soul
- Going beyond mind-body healing to engage deep belief in your own experience of vitality, wellness, and ability to heal
We will build a toolkit over the course of the 8-week program to help you manage your chronic or hard-to-heal condition in concert with your ongoing health program. There is much you can do to stop empowering illness and to empower health instead.
This class is limited to six participants. Prior shamanic experience is not required. $300 or choose your fee* (see website workshop tab for details).
Session dates are: Sept. 6, Sept. 13, Sept. 27, Oct. 4, Oct. 11, Oct. 18, Oct. 25, Nov. 1
Be Well. Marge
Marge Hulburt, MS, holds degrees in biology, geology, and hydrology. She is a graduate of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies 3-year program in Advanced Shamanism and Shamanic Healing taught by Michael Harner and Alicia Gates. She has also studied shamanic healing of chronic illness, psychosis, and intergenerational illness and trauma with Myron Eshowsky of Madison, WI. She is the author of Finding Eagle: A Journey into Modern-Day Shamanism and has been practicing shamanic healing for 14 years. Her personal path has included her own challenges with healing Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune form of low thyroid function.
Bio photo by Olivia Vanni. All other photos copyright 2016 by Art Held.