I offer various classes and events from time to time.
Find them listed here.
Please note: All classes and workshops are currently on hold due to Covid-19. Please check back from time to time or join my mailing list to be notified as these offerings resume.
Two-Year Apprenticeship Program in Shamanism and Shamanic Healing – Third session: TBA (registration closed)
An in-depth, initiatory program for students wanting to advance their shamanic practice as far as they can over the 2-year time-frame. It is designed to provide a strong base of knowledge and experience in shamanic practices and ways of being. You will learn a wide array of effective and ethical tools you can use in your own work or on behalf of others and our planet. You will find your unique pathway for deep connection with your personal spirit helpers and the unseen world beyond.
The program meets quarterly for a total of eight weekend sessions, with homework and suggested practices in between. A certificate of completion is awarded at the end of the program.
3rd-Year Apprenticeship Program in Advanced Shamanism and Shamanic Healing – Third session: TBA (registration closed)
Open to students who have completed the Two-Year Apprenticeship Program in Shamanism and Shamanic Healing.
The 3rd-Year Program extends participants’ work for themselves and on behalf of others, deepening spiritual connections, walking with a foot in each world, and learning advanced practices beyond what is offered in the the Two-Year Program. The group meets for four weekends over the course of the year, with homework and suggestions for practice between sessions. A certificate of completion will be given at the end of the program.
Frequently Offered Workshops
Journey into Shamanism: Offered as a one- or two-day weekend workshop
This experiential workshop includes an introduction to shamanism and shamanic healing in the Core Shamanic way. You will:
- Learn and practice several forms of the shamanic journey to request wisdom and healing from compassionate healing spirits
- Meet your power animal and learn how to retrieve power animals for others
- Journey to find your spirit teacher
- Practice shamanic divination
- Learn principles of safe, ethical, and effective practice of shamanic healing for others
- Explore additional shamanic healing practices as time permits
Shamanic Journey Practice: Generally offered as 8 weekly sessions, 2 hours each
This is a great opportunity to practice your shamanic journey skills in a group of like-minded people. Instruction and feedback are given as requested, and you are welcome to share your journey experience if you wish.
Shamanic Exploration of Self-Healing for Physical Illness: An 8-week class, 2 hours/week
This class is an exploration of several aspects of physical illness, based in scientific knowledge, interfaced with ancient spiritual methods of addressing illness and imbalance in the body. Each week includes a shamanic practice to help improve physical well-being and/or to support Western medical therapies for hard-to-heal conditions.
Trans-Generational Healing: Offered as five 3-hour sessions, generally 2-3 weeks apart.
Healing trans-generational wounds is based in the understanding that any personal wounding unhealed during a person’s lifetime will pass its energy on to their descendants. This creates a burden for those of us who follow, which can be difficult to heal in ourselves because it does not belong to us. This intensive workshop addresses:
- How to release the energetic burden of our ancestors and heal ourselves from its effects, enabling us to put our full energy into living our own truth and authentic life path
- Exploring the healing this may bring to our ancestors, relatives, and future generations
- How these spiritual practices relate to current understanding of epigenetics and family patterns
- Understanding how these same concepts directly apply to historical wounding on the societal level, impacting both cultural and individual sickness, and how shamanic practice and ceremony can help all of us move forward
- Separating historical trauma, personal trauma held or reawakened from our own past, and current trauma through present-day attachments or situations we are experiencing in the moment – and approaches to healing each of these in ourselves
To Register: All classes and workshops are currently on hold due to Covid-19. Please check back from time to time or join my mailing list to be notified as these offerings resume.
About Me – Marge Hulburt:
I came to shamanic teaching through an eclectic background in science, writing, and spiritual exploration. I hold degrees in biology, geology, and hydrology. I have taught both introductory and advanced shamanic workshops in Columbia and Silver Spring, MD; Arlington, VA; Seattle, WA; and here in Missoula and the Bitterroot valley, MT. I am a graduate of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies 3-year program in Advanced Shamanism and Shamanic Healing taught by Michael Harner and Alicia Gates. I have also studied shamanic healing of cancer, chronic illness, psychosis, and trans-generational trauma with Myron Eshowsky of Madison, WI. I am the author of Finding Eagle: A Journey into Modern-Day Shamanism and have been practicing shamanic healing for 18 years. My personal path has included my own challenges with Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune form of low thyroid function.
By phone/text – 406-241-7260 and leave a message
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org